Updated: Jun 5
Ever stuck for a quick, easy and health breakfast alternative that isn't eggs?
Check out our beans on toast recipe, using black beans, a variety of spices, home made salsa and your choice of bread. Ready in 15 minutes with a whopping 26g of protein.
1. Wash the beans and set aside
2. Dice the Onion and Tomato and place in a bowl
3. Roughly chop the Parsely and add to the Onion and Tomato
4. Add the Juice of the lemon, Salt and Pepper into the salsa
5. Heat a saucepan to a medium/high heat and add a drizzle of oil
6. Chop the garlic and add to the pan, allow to cook for 1 minute or until fragrant, do not allow to burn.
7. Add the black beans tot the pan and let cook for 5 mins stirring regularly
8. Slightly mash the beans before adding the Cumin and Paprika to the pan and mixing
cook for another minute or 2
9. Serve the beans on your choice of bread and top with the salsa and remaining lemon juice.